Accommodations, RCEF 2012, Toronto August 16-18
We recommend that conference guests reserve hotel rooms as soon as possible. We have reserved blocks of rooms at two very good and convenient hotels:
- Hotel Intercontinental, Toronto-Yorkville, 220 Bloor Street West. (0.3 km from Victoria College) The negotiated rate is $174 per night for a Deluxe King Guestroom. To reserve, you should contact either Sam Leung (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Hanna Woo (email@example.com) directly. All reservations must be guaranteed by credit card, and you should refer to University of Toronto -- Economics, or RES ID: VK1 to obtain the negotiated rate. This rate is subject to availability, and until July 17th.
- Delta Chelsea, 33 Gerrard Street West. (1.6 km from Victoria College) The negotiated rate is $139 per night, and reservations can be made directly through the provided link. This rate is subject to room availability, until July 16th.
For those interested in staying on campus, there are also single private rooms available in the dorms at Victoria College:
- Victoria College Residences. The rate is $54.50 per night (plus tax) for students, $60 per night (plus tax) for others.
For those booking closer to the last minute, or who would prefer to stay elsewhere, we suggest the usual hotel search engines (Expedia, Travelocity, etc.). Some of the closer hotels are (price, distance to Victoria College):
($=fairly cheap, $$=mid-price, $$$=expensive, $$$$=very expensive)
- Park Hyatt Toronto ($$$, 0.2 km)
- Howard Johnson ($$, 0.6 km)
- Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor-Yorkville($$, 0.7 km)
- Marriott Bloor Yorkville ($$$, 1.0 km)
- Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre($$$, 2.1km)
- Metropolitan Hotel ($$-$$$, 1.8 km)
- Sheraton Centre ($$$, 2.2 km)
- Holiday Inn on King ($$$, 2.8 km)
- Royal York ($$-$$$$, 2.8 km)
- Strathcona ($$, 3.0 km). This hotel currently has availability at an attractive rate of $115 for a Queen room (choose the "I Love Strathcona" Rate). Even the CAA/AAA rate is reasonable, and while 3 km. away, it is an easy subway ride to the conference.
- Westin Harbour Castle ($$$-$$$$, 3.6 km)