REDEMPTION: A pentalogy of compositions by Christos Hatzis based on the theme of human redemption as expounded by turn-of-the-century American seer Edgar Cayce. This is an ongoing composing project with some works completed and some still pending. The works of the pentalogy in its full configuration are listed below. For more information on individual works, please visit the links on each title or click HERE.
REDEMPTION: BOOK 1
for string quartet and orchestra. Commissioned by CityMusic Cleveland for the Pacifica Quartet and the CityMusic orchestra with funds from Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and Drs. Ali and Sawsan Alhaddad. 2009
1. At The Dawn of Time (Amilius and the Fallen Angels), 10:00 min.
2. Fall from Innocence (Adam & Eve), 13:30 min.
3. Lord of Righteousness (Melchizedek), 12:00 min.
REDEMPTION: BOOK 2
4. HARMONIA (Hermes/Enoch and the Temple of Initiation). Audiovisual installation. Duration 35 minutes. In collaboration with Bruno Degazio.
REDEMPTION: BOOK 3
for orchestra. Commissioned by the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra. 2012. Duration: 35 minutes.
5. Dreams of Power (Joseph in Egypt)
6. Exodus (Joshua)
7. The Psalmist (Asaph)
REDEMPTION: BOOK 4
for Arabic singer (alto) string quartet and media (not yet written)
8. Star Gazer (Zend, father of Zarathustra). Duration undetermined.
REDEMPTION: BOOK 5
for soprano, Arabic singer (alto), SATB choir and orchestra. Texts from the Greek Orthodox hymnology of Good Friday (in Byzantine Greek) and by the composer (in English). Commissioned by The Vancouver Bach Choir, the Richard Eaton Singers (Edmonton), the Ottawa Choral Society and the St. Lawrence Choir (Montreal) with funds by the Canada Council for the Arts and by the choirs. In four movements played without interruption. 2004.
9. Sepulcher of Life 30 min.
Sepulcher of Life
For a project description please click HERE. Document is being constantly updated so check again for newer updates.