There are many useful continuing bibliographies, the most important of which are (in order):
- Elenchus Bibliographicus Biblicus is arranged by general subject with a
separate alphabetical index, index of words in ancient languages and scriptural index. It
indexes periodical literature, monographs, multi-author works. Earlier volumes are bound with the journal Biblica. Continued by Elenchus of Biblica. This is an extremely valuable bibliographical tool, somewhat difficult to learn to use, behind in its publication schedule, but indispensible for any serious researcher.
ROBA 1+; KNOX 1-8, 39+; VUEM 1+; SMC 1+; REGC 1+; TRIN 1+
- "Elenchus Bibliographicus" appears as the 2-3 fascicle of Ephemerides theologicae lovanienses (Louvain, Université catholique, 1924+). Along with Elenchus bibliographicus biblicus it is the most comprehensive bibliographical tool for Christian origins, indexing periodical literature, monographs, multi-author works, and dissertations. It has a yearly author index, and is organized topically and by biblical book (in the sections on the Bible).
Earlier issues are bound with Ephemerides theologicae lovanienses; more recent issue are bound separately, but normally shelved with Ephemerides theologicae lovanienses. Not only is this index nearly comprehensive, but it notes doctoral dissertations (American and European) that are neglected by most other indices.
PER SMC v.1-18,22-; REGC 1-.
- New Testament Abstracts contains primarily periodical abstracts,
although there are also some abstracts of book reviews
and monographs and multi-author works. Published 3 times per year, the index is organized topically, and by NT book. The third issue each year contains an author and a scriptural index. There is a cumulative index for vols. 1-15.
ROBA BS 410 .N35 GENR 1 1(1956/57)+ INDEXES v. 1-15; VIC/EMM BS 410 N35; TRIN BS 2310 N45 TRIF; COMPUTER FILE 53 TRIN; KNOX BS 410 .N35 KNOX 1- REF
; BS 410 .N35 Index Tables SMCR 1-; REGC 1-
- Old Testament Abstracts covers primarily periodical
abstracts from more than 250 periodicals, with some book abstracts.
VIC/EMM CD ROM Ol2; BS 410 .O42 TRIF v.1-23; BS 410 .O42 KNOX 1- REF; ROBA BS 410 .O42 GENR 1 v. 1(1978) CURRENT ISSUES IN: GENR; BS 410 .O85 SMCR 1-; REGC 1-
philologique: bibliographie critique et analytique de l’antiquité
gréco-latine (Paris: Société d’édition “Les Belles Lettres”,
1924+). This is the major index for Classics, Ancient history, Ancient Mediterranean religions, epigraphy, papyrology, archaeology, and numismatics.
ROBA Z 7016 A5 ;GENR; REF TRIN 17-; VUPR; IMS 1-
- ATLA Religion Database (Available on E-Resources through the Library Website). ATLA combines five databases into
one searchable database. Included are Religion Index One: Periodicals, Religion
Index Two: Multi-Author Works, Index to Book Reviews in Religion, Research in
Ministry: An Index to D.Min Project Reports and Theses, and the Methodist
- Internationale Zeitschriftenschau für Bibelwissenschaft und Grenzgebeite. Indexes and some abstracts (in German) in the field of Biblical
studies covering books and more than 350 Roman Catholic periodicals are
included. Also covered are archaeology, systematics, philology, etc., insofar as
these relate to Biblical studies.
ROBA Z 7770 .I57 GENR 1 Bd. 1(1951-52)+; VIC/EMM Z 7770 .I57 VUER 1 1-; Z 7770 .I57 KNOX 1(1951-52)- REF; Z 7753 .I5 TRIF 1 (1951/52)-28 (1981/82),30
(1983/84)-47 (2000/01); Z 7770 .I57 Index Tables SMC 1-.
- Bulletin de Théologie Ancienne et Médiévale (Louvain, Abbaye du Mont Céesar, 1929+) indexing Roman Catholic theology from
Tertullian to Trent, this work contains reviews and abstracts of important
scholarly books and articles. Indexes of authors (and editors and
translators), ancient authors, and manuscripts are available.
BQT 3 .R29 IMS 1-11,13
- Dissertation Abstracts International ([Ann Arbor] University Microfilms,
1938+) appears 12x yearly, and abstracts doctoral dissertations from North America universities.
ROBA: Z 5053 D5; Z 5053 .D5 GENR 1 v. 1(1938)-17; 18, pt. 1-6; 19-29; UTM CD-ROM at Librarians' Desk - REF; Z 5053 D5 SMC.
- Index to Jewish Periodicals (Cleveland, 1963+) with access points available for both author and subject, this index includes
citations to articles and reviews from selected English language journals.
ROBA Z 6367 .I6 GENR 1 1963/64-1998; 2000+