Associate Professor of Economics, and Research Associate, NBER
Department of Economics
University of Toronto
Room 302 (3rd Floor)
150 St. George Street
Toronto, ON M5S 3G7 Canada
Tel: (416) 978-4190
Email: mcmillan 'at' chass.utoronto.ca
Research interests: Public Economics, Economics of Education, Environmental Economics, Urban Economics, Industrial Organization
- Competition, Parental Involvement, and Public School Performance, National Tax Association Proceedings (2000): 150-155
- What Drives Racial Segregation? joint with Patrick Bayer and Kim Rueben, Journal of Urban Economics (2004) 56(3): 514-535.
- Competition, Incentives, and Public School Productivity, Journal of Public Economics (2004) 88: 1871-1892. (Due to some administrative mishap, this version was never proof-read. A fully corrected version can be found in Journal of Public Economics (2005) 89: 1131-1154.)
- Bidding Behaviour in Competing Auctions: Evidence from eBay, joint with Mingli Zheng and Sajid Anwar, European Economic Review (2006) 50(2): 307-322.
- A Unified Framework for Measuring Preferences for Schools and Neighborhoods, joint with Patrick Bayer and Fernando Ferreira, Journal of Political Economy (2007) 115(4): 588-638.
- Tiebout Sorting and Neighborhood Stratification, joint with Patrick Bayer, Journal of Public Economics (2012) 96: 1129-1143.
- Estimating Racial Price Differentials in the Housing Market (2013), joint with Patrick Bayer, Marcus Casey, and Fernando Ferreira, NBER Working Paper 18069.
- A Dynamic Model of Demand for Houses and Neighborhoods (2011), joint with Patrick Bayer, Alvin Murphy and Christopher Timmins, NBER Working Paper 17250.
- Separate When Equal? Racial Inequality and Segregation (2011), joint with Patrick Bayer and Hanming Fang, revised version of NBER Working Paper 11507.
- An Equilibrium Model of Sorting in an Urban Housing Market, joint with Patrick Bayer and Kim Rueben, NBER Working Paper 10865.
- Choice and Competition in Local Education Markets (2010), joint with Patrick Bayer, revised version of NBER Working Paper 11802.
- Racial Sorting and Neighborhood Quality, joint with Patrick Bayer, NBER Working Paper 11813.
- Tiebout Sorting, Social Multipliers and the Demand for School Quality, joint with Patrick Bayer and Fernando Ferreira, NBER Working Paper 10871.
- An Equilibrium Model of Sorting in an Urban Housing Market: a Study of the Causes and Consequences of Residential Segregation, joint with Patrick Bayer and Kim Rueben
This page is maintained by Robert McMillan