The Society of Linguistics Undergraduate Students (SLUGS) at the University of Toronto is pleased to announce the next annual Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference, which will be held from March 4 - 6, 2011 in Rm. 524 of Wilson Hall (40 Willcocks St.). The Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference (TULCon) is a great opportunity to meet your peers in the linguistics world, share your work, and learn. While only current undergraduate students (or recent graduates who have not begun a graduate program) are eligible to present, everyone is welcome to attend!
Tentative Pre-Conference Timeline
December 13, 2010 - Call for abstract submissions
February 6, 2011 - Final day for abstract submissions
February 9, 2011 - Online registration begins; applicants notified of acceptance
March 4, 2011 - Check-in and start of conference!
Call for Abstracts
If you are interested in presenting at TULCon, please submit an abstract to tulcon2011[at]gmail[dot]com by Sunday, February 6, 2011. Abstracts should be approximately 500 words in length (not including references), can be about any topic relating to linguistics, and can also be works in progress. Speakers will have the opportunity to speak for 20 minutes with 5 minutes for questions following. In your submission, please indicate whether you would like to present a talk or a poster during our poster session.
Submissions should be sent as .pdf or Microsoft Word (.doc, NOT .docx) attachments. Again, please send them to tulcon2011[dot]gmail[dot]com by Sunday, February 6, 2011. Also, keep an eye out for announcements about registration coming up in the near future! If you have any questions, please contact us at tulcon2011[dot]gmail[dot]com.
HousingHI- Toronto Youth Hostel
76 Church St.
- 8-bed shared room $31+tax (no breakfast)
- 6-bed shared room $33+tax (no breakfast)
- 4-person room $39+tax (breakfast incl.)
- Deluxe 2-3 person room $49+ tax (breakfast incl.)
- Private (1 double bed) $109+tax (breakfast incl.)
- *Discount rates available if HI-member
460 King Street West
1.888.844.7875 (North America only)
(+1) 416.703.8540 (Long Distance)
- 6-10 dorm bed shared room $26.50 taxes incl.
- 4-person room $28.50 taxes incl.
- Deluxe 2-3 person room $72 taxes incl.
- *$2 off price to all telephone/walk-in bookings by SWAP/BUNAC, YHA/Hostelling International, VIP Backpackers, ISIC, ISE, GO and college/university student cardholders
357 College Street
Bookings should be done online- email@example.com (response w/in 24hrs)
- Dorm rooms start at $30/night (fits 6 people, ensuite washrooms)
- Private rooms start at $80/night
- Conveniently located near Kensington Market, U of T campus; check website for more reviews